Thursday, October 18, 2007

Making Up A Bryant Trade

The headline intends to stress the fact there is no actual rumor or reason that indicates Kobe Bryant would come to Milwaukee before November 21 when the Los Angeles Lakers visit the Bradley Center.

Mostly inspired by Rob Peterson’s post on NBA.com’s great new blog, The Court Reporters, I decided to use ESPN.com’s Trade Machine to put together a perfectly impossible and ridiculous trade (because that's what the machine was made for, I think): Michael Redd and Charlie Villanueva (plus draft picks) for Kobe Bryant.

Here’s how the new Bucks lineup would look:

C- Andrew Bogut
PF- Yi Jianlian
SF- Bobby Simmons
SG- Kobe Bryant
PG- Mo Williams

Something tells me that offer wouldn’t exactly floor the Lakers, and that the Bucks aren’t on Bryant’s “list.” Perhaps a Redd/Bogut/Yi (plus draft picks) for Bryant and Vladimir Radmanovich would be juicier, Rob? Well, I tried...

I like Redd and Villanueva anyway.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

LOL good one Alex

I made a similar post about Kobe in Philly